Wednesday, July 12, 2017

DIY: How to Create Your Own Whiteboard Magnets


Designing my classroom for the next school year is one of my favorite school-related summer activities. I love searching the internet for fun themes and inspirations to bring fresh life to my classroom walls while mixing in some of my own DIY ideas, too!
 
Today I'm excited to share how to create your own whiteboard magnets to fit any classroom theme or design! This particular DIY is easy and fun - two must-haves for this crafting beginner! (I'm staying away from power tools and glue that sticks to you for life.)

Let's get started!

Supplies:
 
1. Hot Glue
2. Package of Felt Stickers
3. Foam Board
4. Magnets
(I used ProMag Flexible Magnets - 8 pc., .75 in, 19 mm)
 
I purchased the felt stickers, foam board and magnets from Michaels for $5.61 after the Teacher Discount. (Thank you, Michaels!)
 
*The best part about this DIY is that you can choose any type of felt sticker that fits the theme of your classroom. You can even use embroidered patches if you'd like. They're a bit more expensive.*


Peel the paper off of the back of the felt sticker.
 
Carefully place the sticky side down on a piece of thin foam board. This will help to add thickness to the magnet so it's easy for you to pick up and move around your whiteboard.
 
 
Cut around the shape of your felt sticker. Try to get as close to the sticker as possible so that the foam board isn't visible from the front.
 
 
Place a dab of hot glue on the back of the future magnet and place a magnet on top of the glue. Pinch the magnet to the sticker for about 30 seconds.
 
Let your magnet sit for about 15 minutes to ensure that the hot glue has dried completely.
 
Voila! Your whiteboard never looked cuter!
 
 
 
If you try this DIY, I'd love to see your pictures! Share them with me on Facebook: The Teacher's Prep or Instagram: @teachersprep and I'll try to guess your classroom theme!
 
~The Teacher's Prep

No comments:

Post a Comment