Saturday, November 8, 2014

Currently: November

I was SO excited to find Oh' Boy 4th Grade's blog recently and so thankful that she hosts a fun blog party every month called Currently. Without further ado...


Listening: If you haven't heard of Lindsay Stirling's AMAZING album, Shatter Me, let me be the first to direct you to one of her music videos below. She finds a way to bring classical music into the modern age in a style all her own.



Loving: The weather in Florida this weekend is perfection. The 70s are the sweet spot for fall in the Sunshine State. I can hang out on the back porch in shorts and a t-shirt without sweating - a miraculous feat after the extraordinary heat this summer.

Thinking: I need to up my Pinterest game. I've been using Pinterest for a few months now, but I'm still trying to find a way to connect with others on collaborative boards. If you have any advice for how to FIND great collaborative boards for upper elementary/middle school teachers, let me know!

Wanting: Thanksgiving Break! My whole family will be in town this year for a scrumptious feast. I am on pins and needles waiting for the family fun to begin!

Needing: So...my workout routine has yet to really begin. I promised myself last week I'd ride my bike or go on regular walks at least 3 times a week, but by the time I get home from school it's dark already! Maybe it's time to break out the Wii Fit game. That counts, right? ;)

Reading: I've been on the hunt for new teacher blogs to read. Anytime I find one I like, I immediately become a Bloglovin' follower to keep track of their newest posts. If you have any blogs to recommend, let me know in the comments!

Happy Teaching!

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to be in Florida right now!! In Chicago the weather people are talking about the possibility of 3 inches of snow in Chicago next week!!! Yikes!!!! I do the same thing about blogs I find interesting! I add them to my bloglovin' feed right away. I am about to add you! :)
    Kari
    Teaching with Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that video was amazing! I know my daughter will love it too I can't wait to share it with her. Have you looked in the TpT forum for Pinterest boards. People are always starting them or looking for contributors, it could be a good place to start anyway. Try getting up an hour early in the morning to take your walk, I walk 2 miles at 5am everyday and I love it. It is really quiet and the best part is that by 5:45 I have my workout done for the day and I don't have to think about trying to fit it in.
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited I found your blog a few weeks back!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more details!!
    Kari :)
    www.teachingwithsmiles.com

    ReplyDelete